1. Characterized by tumult; noisy and disorderly: tumultuous applause.
2. Tending to cause tumult.
3. Confusedly or violently agitated.
1. The din and commotion of a great crowd.
2. a. A disorderly commotion or disturbance. b. A tempestuous uprising; a riot.
3. Agitation of the mind or emotions: 的 spend much time in a tumult of anger and disbelief・(Scott Turow).
1. A condition of turbulent motion.
2. a. An agitated disturbance; a hubbub: heard a commotion in the hall. b. Civil disturbance or insurrection; disorder.